Jenkins is one of the most popular and powerful tools for Continuous integration and delivery, Please follow the below steps to install Jenkins.
- Install JDK 8 or above.
- Go to – https://jenkins.io/download/
- Click Windows
- Unzip and install ‘Jenkins.msi‘
- Click Next and Choose the jenkins installation Directory or let jenkins install in default directory.
- Click Next and Jenkins is ready to install.
- Click Install and click Yes if pop is displayed with a message ‘do you want to allow this app to make changes in your hard drive‘
- Wait until installation is complete and Finish button is enabled
- Click Finish, this will take you to the Unlock Jenkins Page as shown below
- Copy of the password from this directory – C:\Program Files (x86)\Jenkins\secrets\IntialAdminPassword and paste it in the Administrator password
- Click Continue
- Jenkins will provide two options 1) Install suggested plug-ins 2)Select plugins to install
- Click Installed plug-ins
- Wait until all the plug-ins are installed
(Note: if some plug-ins are not installed, you can ignore them and install later from plug-in section.)
- Create First Admin user and enter required details
- Click Save and Continue and Click Save & Finish.
- You can copy above Jenkins default URL (http://localhost:8080/) which is used to access Jenkins.
- Click Save and Finish
- Click Start using Jenkins
you’re all set to ‘create jobs’ in Jenkins 🙂