Step # 1 – Install Python and PIP
- Go to python.org (https://www.python.org/downloads/) and download desired version (suggested – 3.7)
- Click download link
- Check ‘Add Python 3.7 to path‘
- Click Install Now
- Once installation was successful, Go to ‘cmd’ and type ‘Python -V’, it will display the installed version.
- PIP will get installed with python automatically, use PIP list command in the cmd to check the installation successful or not.
Upgrade to latest version of Python, Please click here
Step # 2 – Install Robot framework and Selenium library through PIP
- Use this command ‘pip install robotframework‘ for robot framework library
- Use this command ‘pip install robotframework-seleniumlibrary‘ for selenium library
Note: you can use ‘pip list’ command to see your installation is successful
Step # 3 – Install Pycharm (this is an IDE to develop automation scripts in robot framework)
- Go to this link – https://www.jetbrains.com/pycharm/download/#section=windows
- Download and install ‘Community edition’
- Click Pycharm installation file
- Click next and then select destination folder in which pycharm will install
- Click Next and choose the launcher ‘32-bit or 64-bit‘ based on your operating system
- Click Next and wait for few minutes to complete installation
- you’re all set to develop automation scripts using Robot framework 🙂
If you’re interested in Video tutorial, Please watch this.