This tutorial explains the real time challenges that we encounter during Salesforce testing and how to address them.
Salesforce Testing Real time challenges
1.Testing of Visual force pages through automation. The issue lies in creating field locators reliably on a page. Sales force will generate the Ids at run time which means any change to our APEX code, leads to the change of field locators based on Ids which need constant maintenance
2.Writing test cases with different roles and mentioning the settings
3.Some of the standard functionalities although not in use, can’t be removed
4.GUI tests don’t work when we switch the test environment. Automated tests need to work in all our test environments. Field Locators are how you automate tests, find the field or button on a page. There is an issue creating field locators for the Sales force screens as some field IDs differ between Organisations.
5.It’s not an easy task to test advanced features like Visual force, Sales force or Service Cloud Console.
6.You need to recreate all your classic tests for the Lightning UI
7.Some of the standard functionalities although not in use, can’t be remove
7.Last but not the least, the most important thing is to understand the Salesforce administration without fail.
- Developing the environment: There is a need for specific configurations for testing purposes, for instance, related to servers, storage, or network. This leads to issues during testing, as it is a challenge to emulate the specific customer scenario / environment in the Cloud environment.
- Interaction between components: Another challenge that is commonly faced is during integration testing, where the tests are conducted on the network, database, servers, and various devices. When the applications are hosted on the Cloud, testers have inadequate control on the environment. This further amplifies when there is an interaction between all the components, where there could be risks pertaining to crash, breakdown of the network or crashing of the servers.
- Replicating the user environment: The business applications to be tested are installed in an environment that is not under the control of the tester. The tester is expected to test the applications in a scenario where the user would operate. This poses a challenge for the testers to create a similar environment for testing purposes.
- Testing on the Internet: There are a lot of security concerns while testing on the internet. The tester has to ensure that there is no leakage of data that is available over the Internet while the testing is in process. It is important to have a back-up plan and test before the business applications are released for the users.
- Testing across the spectrum: Cloud Testing entails testing the network, performance of the server, the available database, and the application. Keeping these requirements in perspective, the testers need to validate the interaction across various components and layers. At the same time risks have to be anticipated, for instance, loss of connection, crash of the software, etc. Moreover, the tester needs to anticipate and test beyond the aspects under control in the existing environment.