Steps to Download and Install Selenium
- Step # 1 – Install Java/JDK
- Step # 2 – Download Eclipse IDE
- Step # 3 – Download and Install Selenium WebDriver JARs
- Step # 4 – Configure Selenium WebDriver JARs in Eclipse IDE
Step # 1 – Install Java and JDK
- Download JDK and Save to Local Directory
Please download 64 Bit for windows 64 bit machine, if you’re on windows 86 bit, please download 86 bit.
- Click Jdk.exe and follow the instructions to install JDK.
- Add Java Path to environment variables if required
For Windows 10, you don’t need to add java path manually since path will get automatically added during installation.
Step # 2 – Download Eclipse IDE
- Click Here to download Eclipse IDE and Save it to Local directory
- Go to Directory and Open Eclipse Installer
- Click Eclipse IDE for Java developers and follow the instructions to Install
- Eclipse IDE is installed successfully
Step # 3 – Download the Selenium WebDriver JARs
- Click Here to download Selenium WebDriver-Java JARs
- Save Downloaded JARs to Local directory.
Step # 4 – Configure Selenium WebDriver JARs in Eclipse IDE
- Launch Eclipse IDE
- Create New Java Project (File –> New –> Java Project)
- Add Project Name and click Next and Finish.
- Right click on Project to select ‘Build path‘ and followed by ‘Configure build path‘
- Go to Libraries Tab and Click Add External JARs (which are downloaded from Step # 3)
- Add Jars as shown below
- You are all set to develop automation script using Selenium WebDriver.
Selenium latest version is 3.14 as of 04/16/2019
For any questions, Please leave a comment here or send email to ‘firstname.lastname@example.org‘