Steps to move Jenkins jobs between views
- click on the view to which you want to move the job (For example, Assume that you have 3 views, first view name is ‘ALL‘ which is default, second view is ‘View1‘ and Third view is ‘View2‘)
You will see all the jenkins jobs under Default view
- Select ‘View1‘ and Click Edit view on left pane
- List of all jobs belong to view1 will be displayed
- Check the job that you want to move to the View2, and click Save, the respective job will be moved to View2.
- Select ‘View2‘ and Uncheck the job that you don’t need any longer under View2 and Save it, the respective job will be removed from the view2.
Moving jobs from one view to another view will help you to organize your jobs, but this will not delete the jobs permanently.
all the jobs will be resided under All view unless you delete them and you need to have Admin permissions to delete the jobs permanently.
Please watch this video to learn about Create views, jobs and remove views and jobs in Jenkins.
For any questions, Please leave a comment here or send email to ‘firstname.lastname@example.org‘