What is Salesforce?
Salesforce (Company) is a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) platform.
What is Salesforce.com?
Salesforce.com is a cloud computing and social enterprise software-as-a-service (SaaS) provider.
What is Cloud Computing?
Cloud computing means storing and accessing data and programs over the Internet instead of your computer’s hard drive. The cloud is just a metaphor for the Internet.
Cloud based storage does not required a user to install any additional hardware or software for using the application. It allows the organizations to reduce the development cost and build applications within a short time frame.
Different types of Clouds
Public Cloud: Could services are provided “as a service” over the Internet with little or no control over the underlying technology infrastructure. More than one tenant can use the same resources.
Private Cloud: This also offers activities and functions “as a service” but is deployed over a company intranet or hosted data center. This is private product for a company or organization offering advance security.
Salesforce.com: Is a public cloud as it is hosted on salesforce.com data centers and data of more than one tenant resides on same servers.
List of Salesforce Testing Tutorials
- Tutorial # 1 – Salesforce Introduction
- Tutorial # 2 – Widely used Salesforce Testing Terminology
- Tutorial # 3 – Salesforce Testing Types
- Tutorial # 4 – How to plan Salesforce Testing activities
- Tutorial # 5 – Real time challenges and how to address them during Testing
- Tutorial # 6 – Insights on Salesforce common defects
- Tutorial # 7 – How to write a test case and execute a test case in Salesforce platform